- Avoid IRS Penalties & 6 More Reasons Not to Wait Until the Last Minute to File 04/03/2019The last day to file your 2018 tax return is April 15, 2019. If you’ve procrastinated on completing your taxes for the year, don’t push it off any longer. Here’s why you should not wait until the last minute to start. Avoid the last minute scramble Unless you kept accurate track of the forms you... […]TaxAct
- Got a Big Tax Bill? Don’t Avoid Filing 04/03/2019There may be some areas of life in which you can avoid a problem, and it gets better or goes away. Unfortunately, owing a big tax bill to the IRS is not one of them. In fact, the more you ignore your taxes, the worse they get. If you owe federal or state income taxes, or... […]Sally Herigstad
- How to Check Your Refund Status 03/13/2019Let’s say you filed your tax return, and the IRS owes you a refund, which usually occurs because you had excess tax withheld from your pay. You’d like to know when you can expect to receive that lump sum. Is there a way to find out? The process In short, yes. The IRS made it... […]Valerie Rind
- Change Your Tax Outcome: Adjust Your Withholdings in 2019 03/13/2019Most of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act provisions went into effect at the beginning of 2018. Although employees felt some effects of the changes in February 2018, when the income tax withholding rates were changed, the real moment of truth comes as taxpayers start preparing and filing their 2018 tax returns now. The Internal... […]Sally Herigstad
- 8 Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make This Tax Season 03/11/2019Tax season is here. In fact, we’re already halfway to the deadline! If you haven’t filed your tax return yet, don’t fret. TaxAct is ready to make your tax preparation process as simple as possible. In fact, by using tax software, you’re already reducing or eliminating the possibility of many types of mistakes, such as... […]Sally Herigstad
- Tesla's Musk agrees to new vetting rules for tweets in SEC deal 04/26/2019Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk has reached a deal with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to settle a dispute over his use of Twitter, agreeing to submit his public statements about the company's finances and other topics to vetting by its legal counsel, according to a court filing on Friday.
- S&P, Nasdaq notch record closes from GDP, earnings boost 04/26/2019A surprisingly strong report card on the U.S. economy helped power the benchmark S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite indexes to record high closes on Friday, capping a week of gains for stocks that came largely on the back of resilient corporate profits.
- Shareholders rebuke Bayer bosses over Monsanto-linked stock rout 04/26/2019Bayer shareholders on Friday cast a vote of disapproval of the German drugmaker's top management amid anger over a stock price slump as litigation risks mount from the $63 billion takeover of seed maker Monsanto.
- Bayer says non-executive directors back management board 04/26/2019Bayer said on Saturday its non-executive supervisory board unanimously expressed its confidence in the board of management, which was given a vote of disapproval from shareholders at Friday's annual general meeting.
- Exxon Mobil, Chevron dogged by refining, chemicals troubles 04/26/2019Exxon Mobil Corp and Chevron Corp on Friday reported lower profits, citing lower margins and refining weaknesses, areas that have plagued the two oil companies off and on for more than a year.
- Toyota abandons plan to install U.S connected vehicle tech by 2021 04/26/2019Toyota Motor Corp said on Friday it was halting plans to install Dedicated Short-Range Communications technology on U.S. vehicles aimed at letting cars and trucks communicate with one another to avoid collisions.
- U.S. GDP data boosts stocks; S&P 500 posts record close 04/26/2019Global stock markets rose and the S&P 500 notched a record closing high for the second time this week on Friday as data showed U.S. economic growth accelerated in the first quarter, while the dollar fell against a basket of currencies.
- Bayer shareholders vent ire over Monsanto-linked stock rout 04/26/2019Bayer shareholders vented their anger over its stock price slump on Friday as litigation risks mount from the German drugmaker's $63 billion takeover of seed maker Monsanto.
- Uber unveils IPO terms that are well below expectations 04/26/2019Uber Technologies Inc, the world's largest ride-hailing company, plans an initial public offering that values the company as much as one-third below what the startup's insiders had hoped for, between $80.5 billion and $91.5 billion.
- Good news from China could boost materials shares 04/26/2019Even as the lift from optimism over prospects for U.S.-China trade detente shows signs of wearing off for the wider U.S. stock market, upbeat sentiment around China's economy could bolster shares of materials companies.