- Avoid IRS Penalties & 6 More Reasons Not to Wait Until the Last Minute to File 04/03/2019The last day to file your 2018 tax return is April 15, 2019. If you’ve procrastinated on completing your taxes for the year, don’t push it off any longer. Here’s why you should not wait until the last minute to start. Avoid the last minute scramble Unless you kept accurate track of the forms you... […]TaxAct
- Got a Big Tax Bill? Don’t Avoid Filing 04/03/2019There may be some areas of life in which you can avoid a problem, and it gets better or goes away. Unfortunately, owing a big tax bill to the IRS is not one of them. In fact, the more you ignore your taxes, the worse they get. If you owe federal or state income taxes, or... […]Sally Herigstad
- How to Check Your Refund Status 03/13/2019Let’s say you filed your tax return, and the IRS owes you a refund, which usually occurs because you had excess tax withheld from your pay. You’d like to know when you can expect to receive that lump sum. Is there a way to find out? The process In short, yes. The IRS made it... […]Valerie Rind
- Change Your Tax Outcome: Adjust Your Withholdings in 2019 03/13/2019Most of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act provisions went into effect at the beginning of 2018. Although employees felt some effects of the changes in February 2018, when the income tax withholding rates were changed, the real moment of truth comes as taxpayers start preparing and filing their 2018 tax returns now. The Internal... […]Sally Herigstad
- 8 Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make This Tax Season 03/11/2019Tax season is here. In fact, we’re already halfway to the deadline! If you haven’t filed your tax return yet, don’t fret. TaxAct is ready to make your tax preparation process as simple as possible. In fact, by using tax software, you’re already reducing or eliminating the possibility of many types of mistakes, such as... […]Sally Herigstad
- Intel cuts forecast as China data center sales remain weak 04/25/2019Chipmaker Intel Corp on Thursday cut its full-year revenue forecast and missed analysts' estimates for first-quarter sales for the data center business that has driven growth as PC sales declined in recent years, sending its shares down as much as 7.5%.
- T-Mobile U.S. profit beats estimates as it signs up more customers 04/25/2019T-Mobile US Inc first-quarter revenue and profit jumped from a year earlier, beating Wall Street's estimates, as competitive pricing lured new subscribers to its monthly cellphone plans.
- New York investigating Facebook over storage of 'unauthorized' email contacts 04/25/2019New York Attorney General Letitia James said on Thursday she is investigating Facebook Inc's unauthorized storage of up to 1.5 million Facebook users' email contact databases, the latest privacy issue to affect the U.S. social media giant.
- Amazon aims to bring one-day delivery to Prime members around the globe 04/25/2019Amazon.com Inc plans to deliver packages to members of its loyalty club Prime in just one day, instead of two days, part of a spending ramp-up that might curb future profits after a blockbuster first quarter.
- Uber to kick off investor roadshow with IPO terms on Friday 04/25/2019Ride-hailing company Uber Technologies Inc will unveil terms for its initial public offering on Friday, telling investors it will seek to be valued at between $80 billion and $90 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
- New coffees, delivery push fuel Starbucks quarterly sales, profit view 04/25/2019Starbucks Corp raised its full-year profit forecast and beat Wall Street estimates for quarterly same-store sales on Thursday, as its new Cloud Macchiato, Matcha tea and cold brews in the United States and speedy delivery network in China drew more customers.
- Warren Buffett says Berkshire could buy back $100 billion stock: FT 04/25/2019Warren Buffett said his conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway Inc could repurchase as much as $100 billion of its stock, the Financial Times said on Thursday without providing a time frame, citing a recent interview with the billionaire.
- Ford more confident of stronger 2019 despite 'volatile environment' 04/25/2019Ford Motor Co on Thursday posted a better-than-expected first-quarter largely due to strong pickup truck sales in its core U.S. market and said it was more confident in its forecast 2019 would bring better results than last year.
- Drugmakers Astellas, Amgen to pay $125 million in U.S. charity kickback probe 04/25/2019Two drugmakers will pay nearly $125 million to resolve claims they used charities that help cover Medicare patients' out-of-pocket drug costs as a way to pay kickbacks aimed at encouraging the use of their high-priced medications, the U.S. Justice Department said on Thursday.
- Canada watchdog to seek court order to force Facebook to follow privacy laws 04/25/2019Facebook Inc broke Canadian privacy laws when it collected the information of some 600,000 citizens, a top watchdog said on Thursday, pledging to seek a court order to force the social media giant to change its practices.